Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spicy Oil Recipe.

This Sunday I'll share with you a recipe that I just experimented in my kitchen! Spicy-Delicious-Oil!! The only oil I ever use is Extra Virgin Olive Oil {EVOO as Rachael Ray would say...}, because that's the only oil used everyday in Italian cuisine. I use vegetable oil only if I need to deep fry {because olive oil burns too fast and would burn my food as well}. Well, the type of infused oil I made today is used to give a light spicy flavor to your food.. it's delicious even just sprinkled on a piece of bread!

All you need is this:

  • 1 bottle of 500ml of EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
  • 5 small spicy fresh peppers (I got mine from the Mexican store)
Clean well and pat dry the peppers. Remove the stems and cut them in half. Put them in a pot on low heat, pour the oil and let it warm up. Once it starts boiling, let the peppers infuse for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let them cool down. Pour the oil by passing it through a small colander into a bottle {I used the same bottle I took the oil from}. Use the oil to cook your food or to just give extra flavor.

Enjoy!!!

xoxo,



1 comment:

  1. what a smart idea! This way the process is very fast! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!