Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Isabella ♥

I'm going to dedicate this post to the incredible woman that inspires me everyday in every little thing I make.. my grandma Isabella.. or Nonna, as I called her. Today it's her birthday, she would have turned 98! She went to Heaven 1 and a 1/2 years ago, but she's always very present everyday. Especially today.
I spent the whole day sewing {I'm finishing a purse}, just like she used to do. She always had some work in her hands, she wouldn't stop a second. She could sew, knit, crochet, draw, paint... a perfect lady who grew up in a time so close to the 1800, I don't know how she could adjust to the new crazy era.. but she did, and everybody loved her. She enjoyed watching movies with the rest of the family, but she would never watch any war movie... as she would say "War? No thank you! I don't want to live it again.." She lived both of the World Wars, and she was a Red Cross Nurse during WWII, the memories were not that good.. she never really shared too much about it, it must have been awful. But she survived, always with a smile on her face. I don't know if I'll ever meet another woman as strong as she was.
There should be so many other things to say about her, but I would have to write a whole book, so I'll stop here.. because, really, I just wanted to say "Happy Birthday Nonna!". ♥

1 comment:

  1. Luisa thank you so much!!!
    I'm excited for this interview and so glad!
    You are a real friend! A so talented you too!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!